Re: Data Integrity

Hi Fred & Craig,

Thanks for your response.  Please perform this simple test with your eSignal
datafeed and you will know what I am talking about:

1)  Start eSignal.
2) Click on File, New, Chart.
3) Enter any symbol (say MSFT) in the symbol box.  Select 5 minute for
periodicity.  Click on Properties, General.  Enter (say) 6 days.  Make sure
Volume is also displayed in the chart.  Now click on the 'Info Window' icon
to invoke it.
4) Keeping your left mouse button pressed, go to the very first 5 miute bar
of the chart (eg: 07/25/02, 9:30 Eastern).  The date, time, OHLC and the
Volume of this bar will display in the Info Window.
5) Write down this information and close eSignal.  MAKE SURE DATA MANAGER IS
ALSO CLOSED...THSI IS IMPORTANT FOR THE TEST.
6) After about 2 minutes, repeat steps 10 thru 4).
7) Write down the information from the Info Window for the same bar (i.e.,
same date and time as in step#4).
8) Compare if your data is different...especially the volume data.
9) Whether or not your data is different, close eSignal as in step#5 and
repeat steps 1) thru 4).
10) Is your data for the same bar (as in step#4) different again?!

Since I have access to Metastock, it was easy for me to copy the entire data
into Excel spread sheet for each of my logins.  Once I had the 3 sets of
data (from the 3 logins) on the same spreadsheet,  it was clearly evident
that volume data differed alomost on 90% of the same bars and the difference
in value was quite significant (as high as 0.6 million).  OHLC data
difference was on less than 5% of the same bars and the difference was less
than 0.01 cent in most cases (though for one bar it was 0.25 cents).

Let me know what your test shows (of course if you can spare 10 minutes of
your time and have the inclinination!) .

Thanks again and take care,

Romi