Re: Looking for Borland C++

Bob Bolotin wrote:
>I believe Borland C++ Builder is still an active product. You can purchase
>a copy from www.borland.com or any software retailer. I think the basic
>version (which should be enough for what you describe) is usually around
>$99. If this cost is the issue, you might be able to find a used copy on eBay.

For my money, the best value in a C++ development package is
the freeware DJGPP from http://www.delorie.com -- not only does
the RHIDE development environment emulate the Borland Turbo C++
environment, but the underlying compiler is the GNU C++ compiler
used by linux and nearly every other unix operating system.  Even
Microsoft uses it for some development work, I hear.  The compiler's
optimizer is probably the best there is, and the support from the
open source community is tremendous.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com