RE: multimonitors- windows XP

Windows XP supports multimonitor desktops, but you still need some hardware
to actually give you 4 separate monitor outputs.

If you use single monitor video cards, you will need 4 video cards for 4
monitors - probably 1 AGP card and 3 PCI cards.  Depending on the internals
of your system, you may not have enough slots for them, and depending on the
video card, IRQ requirements may prevent all the slots from being used
simultaneously.  Personally, I would go for the multimonitor video card(s).

Disclaimer: I've only done multimonitor on Win2k - don't plan to run WinXP
anytime soon.

PS. Matrox cards have long had cards with the best output quality, so you
probably can't go wrong with the MMS series.  I currently use an ATI Radeon
based card and find the driver support to be quite poor when it comes to
refresh rate issues and brightness problems.

If you can spring for it, use TFT displays to avoid refresh rate
interference and to keep the displays crystal clear.  In that case you might
consider a Matrox G450 MMS which has DVI digital outputs.

Lastly, double check on Matrox's website to make sure your system is
physically compatible - seems that the G200MMS is a bit long for the new
half-length PCI slots.

-Ken