Re: OT:Which processor?

Hello Jim,

I'm a layman too, and my Athalon 1.57GB sure seems a lot quicker
to use than the P4 2.0Gb I have access to. (Roughly equivalent memory)

One of my ISP's is in the SETI program where they do large off-peak
data-processing runs and he has a dual P4 beast - he says his single
Athalon machine does the SETI runs noticeably quicker.
(SETI - Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)

No idea of the technical reasons though, sorry.

--
Best regards,
 Ross                       mail to: ross.bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx