Re: Creating 3D graphs TS optimization Results

> >Has anyone developed the EL code to export the appropriate
> >data to do 3D analysis on the input parameters under test?
>
> The problem is that you have to convert a sequential list of
> optimization results into a 2-D table of optimization results.
> I guess one could write a macro to search through the list and
> populate a table which you then plot using a 3-D surface plot.

I did it a little differently, since originally I tried to do it
without macros.  Doing it with a macro might have produced a smaller
spreadsheet, and maybe I'll change it some day, but what I do works
OK.

You can download it from http://www.frii.com/~fritz/trading,
HeatMap.zip.

> >I was led http://www.rinafinancial.com/3DSmartView.asp , to
> >look at the 3DSmartView product.
> Well, Excel's 3-D capabilities really suck, in my opinion.  Excel
> will do a 3-D surface plot, but you don't have much control over
> color gradations or scaling.  If you have "too much" data you get a
> sea of black because Excel insists on drawing a thick outline
> around every square cell on the surface.

My HeatMap spreadsheet addresses those problems.

> If you don't already have access to something like MatLab or
> LabView, then this 3DSmartView software may be the way to go.
> You'd probably spend over $500 of your time implementing the same
> functionality in Excel.

I sure did.  :-\  Anybody who wants to send me $500 for this is
welcome to do so!!  :-)

Gary