Re: dissappearing data

At 8:22 AM -0400 7/8/02, ndtrader wrote:

>I have had similar incidents:
>(1) My expired symbols SP M2 and ND M2 totally disappeared from the GS
>portfolio this weekend after I filled in some gaps with refresh data.  I had
>to add them again and fill them with imported data.  I had never seen this
>happen before.
>(2) I had an instance this spring when some symbols simply lost years of
>data.  Fortunately they were some of the lesser used indices.  My history
>settings are fine, could not have been the problem.

It sounds as if the indices in the data base are corrupt.

You can rebuild the indices by following the procedure described below.

Bob Fulks

------

Below you will find the instructions.

Go to C:/Program Files/Omega Research/Server

DELETE THE FOLLOWING:
· Gsqf.dat
· Gsqf.mst
· Sysevent.dat
· Symswap.dat

DO THE FOLLOWING in the Server Folder:.
· Open pds folder and delete all .idx files
. Open the ORMD folder and double click the data folder and delete all its
contents if any. Now, restart your computer and bring the GlobalServer
off-line. Now, exit out of it and bring it back up on-line and you should be
ok.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
us. Thank you for your continued support.

Jessica Schmidt
Software Support Department

TradeStation Technologies, Inc.
(Formerly Omega Research, Inc.)