RE: Hard drive keeps running, computer freezes : Help ?

Check your Paging file size - go to control panel - system - and look in
tab - it should be fairly high for 384 ram - like at least in 500's and
should be set
for applications - not background.

Also - try this - go to Administrative tools -> performance. You can plot
various things
like Ram usage - interrupt time - page faults etc etc.  Click on the +
sign - u will see
options.  Keep this window up - plot one of each - then when your disk
churns - see
which things are using up most of the CPU - u should narrow it down a bit.