Subject: Re: DTN.IQ issues
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:46:59 -0400
From: "Sherrill H. Styers" <sstyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: DB <dynastore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

DB - I hope you are feeling better. I don't know how you've kept your sanity
during all this. Thanks for the key. I have the same issues as the others: ie.
trying to d/l history crashes DS with a "Debug Assertion Failed" msg.; the feed
stops about 6 a.m.; GPF's; CBOT is partially under control - however, TY's and
Bonds are still messed up. In all symbols, the first tick in TS's server is 3:33
a.m., even on weekends. It is there before the markets open (except for 24
hour). I don't know if this is supposed to be there or not. I told DTN about it
last week. Sometimes I can delete that 3:33 tick and the data comes in
correctly, sometimes not. Sometimes data will begin coming in correctly and then
drop a digit, or add two digits and after a while correct itself. Today, the
grains started coming in with only two digits, then 15 minutes later began
coming in correctly. As usual, I had to stop DS, go into TS server, delete the
bad ticks and then restart DS. It's been that way all week, which is an
improvement over last week.

I did the VBRUN60 & SetupMFC refreshes but when I began to install the
MDAC_Typ.exe I got a msg. that it was already on my computer(I'm running W2000
SP2) and referred me to a MS site where I learned that there is a version 2.6
available. I have ver. 2.5 which came with W2000 SP2. Should I install 2.6
anyway? It looks like (as well as I can determine from the Microsoftease) that I
don't need it.

I'm running DS DEMO ver 5, Build 20020612. Is that the latest version?

I'm going to wait unit after DTN comes out with their upgrade this weekend
before trying to straighten out the symbols.

Thanks, I know you're busy.

Sherrill