Re: TS4 on Win2000

Followed this FAQ procedure step by step with no problems.

>I decided to move TS4 to a Win2000 computer, and I can't seem to get
>it to recogize the dongle. I followed the NT4 directions at the Omega
>site, but it doesn't seem to work. I'd appreciate any suggestions for
>getting TS4 working on Win2000.
>
>Thanks,
>
>[That'll learn me to fix sumthin' that's not broke!] :-)
>
>ztrader

               DocumentID: 608
                   Last Updated on: 3/20/2002

                   Using Windows 2000 with TradeStation 4.0, OptionStation
1.2,
                   and SuperCharts 4.0 Products

                   Abstract:
                   This document discusses testing between TradeStation 4.0,
                   OptionStation 1.2, and SuperCharts 4.0 products and the
                   Windows 2000 Operating System.
                   Note: SuperCharts 4.0 End of Day version does not include a
                   Security Block.
                   How To:
                   The only issue encountered to date between the products has
                   been related to the Security Block drivers. In order for
the
                   block to be recognized, the steps outlined in the
Ntreadme.wri
                   file located in the Omega\Prog\Drivers\NT directory must be
                   completed. The text of this file is included below. In
                   addition, the following lines must be added to the
system.ini
                   file as the first two lines under the [386Enh] Section as
                   follows:
                   [386Enh]
                   device=ssiact.386
                   SSI_LPT=1
                   1 is used for LPT1, 2 for LPT2, etc. if the block is
attached
                   to a port other than LPT1.
                   Text of Ntreadme.wri file:
                   NOTE: Using Windows 2000, the System32 directory is
located in
                   the Windows directory, not WINNT as outlined below.
Please use
                   the Windows\SYSTEM32 or Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory
                   where applicable.
                   Manual Installation of the Security Block under Windows NT
                   The following is a list of instruction on how to manually
                   install the drivers for the Security Block under the
Windows
                   NT operating system:
                   Step 1
                   Copy the following files located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT
                   directory to the WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory:
                   SSIDDDP.SYS
                   SSIPDDP.SYS
                   Step 2
                   Copy the following file located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT
                   directory to the WINNT\SYSTEM32\ directory:
                   SSIVDDP.DLL
                   Step 3
                   Add the following line to the CONFIG.NT file in Windows NT
                   WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory.
                   DEVICE=%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\SSIDDDP.SYS
                   Step 4
                   Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type the letter of
                   the drive in which your Omega directory resides followed by
                   the colon and the pressing Enter or Return key.
                   Then Type in the following line followed by pressing the
Enter
                   or Return key.
                   X:\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGI install
                   where X is the drive where you installed your Version
4.0 data
                   server.
                   If you are installing your Security Block on LPT1, STOP
HERE
                   and restart your computer. You have completed the
installation
                   of the Security Block. If you are installing the Security
                   Block on another LPT port continue with the remaining steps.
                   Step 5
                   Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type the letter of
                   the drive in which your Omega directory resides followed by
                   the colon and the pressing Enter or Return key.
                   Then Type in the following line followed by pressing the
Enter
                   or Return key.
                   X:\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGM LPTPort=n
                   where n represents the number assigned to your parallel
port
                   and X is the drive where you installed your Version 4.0
data
                   server.
                   You have completed the installation of the Security Block.
                   Upgrading to TradeStation Version 4.0
                   When you are upgrading from a previous version of
TradeStation
                   to the current build and you get the message 'SSIACT.386
not
                   loaded' after rebooting, you will need to perform these
steps:
                   1. Locate the Control Panel. (This can be found under the
                   program group MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X or START -
SETTINGS in
                   Windows NT 4.0)
                   2. Double click the Devices.
                   3. Find the Device name "SSIPDDP: Parallel port device
                   driver," then click on the listing to highlight it.
                   4. Click on the Startup... button.
                   5. Select the Disabled radio button and click OK.
                   6. You will now need to reboot your computer.
                   Once you have restarted Windows NT, you will be prompted
that
                   the SSIVDDP - SSIPDDP driver has not been loaded. Please
                   disregard this message and proceed with the installation of
                   TradeStation 4.0. Once the installation is complete, Setup
                   will ask you if you would like to restart the computer.
Click
                   NO. You will need to enable the device SSIPDDP. Perform the
                   following steps to ensure proper installation:
                   1. Locate the Control Panel. (This can be found under the
                   program group MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X or START -
SETTINGS in
                   Windows NT 4.0)
                   2. Double click the Devices.
                   3. Find the Device named "SSIPDDP: Parallel port device
                   driver," then click on the listing to highlight it.
                   4. Click on the Startup... button.
                   5. Select the Automatic radio button and click OK.
                   6. You will now need to restart the computer.
                   THE INSTALLATION IS NOW COMPLETE.