Re: here's an awful spam thing

Web browsers are evolving into Trojan horses.  Period.  Take a look at http://www.anonymizer.com.
It's a proxy server that not only makes you anonymous, but it blocks
the ads when you surf, and blocks the sneaky little java routines that can spy
on you and your computer.

Also if you haven't already, get yourself a firewall.  Better to get a
firewall appliance.

I'm keeping a log of my port scan attacks.  I did some surfing without
the protection of the anonymizer, and noticed I got port scan attacks
from IP addresses of those sites several hours later!

c> Using IE, whenever certain phrases appear in a webpage, they are converted
c> to a link that when clicked takes you to someone else's site. For example,
c> the phrase "financial institutions" is linked to AMEX. As it doesn't happen
c> on all PCs, there's "something" on a PC that causes the spam to occur.
c> Removed cookies, but the spam utility is still there. Any suggestions would
c> be appreciated.

c> Thanks in advance
c> Colin West