Advice on coding Tradestation API with IB using C++ or VB

I wanted to code Tradestation API with other third party tools such as
Interactive Broker to automate my trading systems but the problem is I
have some basic programming experience with VB only.

Can any one please advice me what are the minimum parts or topics in
VB and especially C++ as I need to study in order to be able to program.
I am a system engineer (MCSE) and later will be going for MCSD .NET
but my most important reason of learning the programming now is for
trading since my job function doesn't require me to do programming.

BTW, Anyone know that is it possible to use .NET to develop and
integrate Tradestation and Interactive Broker?

--
Best regards,
 AceTrader                          mailto:tradersh@xxxxxxxxxxxx