Re: OT- USA team in final 8 of World Cup soccer

Dear Robert

Sorry mate but you can't be a true football fan if you call the sport
"soccer" in your subject :-)  Football-crazy fans don't cater to the name
that the 10 yanks who follow the game call it (yes, you 10 have my utmost
respect for knowing the real deal)!!  The biggest sport in the world,
played and watched by 6 billion people outside the U.S. is called
FOOTBALL!!  As for Friday morning, there's only ONE match (worth
watching!): the glamour match of the tournament so far.  To the neutrals
who really want to see how the game is played, check out:

England vs Brazil

The winners (England of course!) are going on to win the tournament.
The USA has done well to get this far, but another unranked team has done
even better: Korea - they have never previously won a single game in the
tournament let alone reached the quarter-finals.  Since the yanks don't
share the same passion for the world's biggest sport that the rest of us
do, it would be morally wrong for them to go any further!  Can you imagine
1.5 million Americans gathering in a major city to go crazy over a SOCCER
match, like the Koreans did when they beat Italy?  As for England and
Brazil - both countries will literally shut down while this match is being
played.  From the boardroom to the factory floor, nobody will be at work :-)

All in all, nice run USA ...but I'm happier for the Koreans where at least
it means something to them!
Now it's time to go back to playing rounders (oops I mean, Baseball) after
the Germans send you home!!!

S.
PS. Any country whose citizens need email notification that their national
team is in the quarter-finals of the biggest sporting spectacle on the
planet ...what can you say?!
(Now watch a massive miracle happen and the U.S. beats Germany ...ain't
that the way :-)!!)