Anyone having problems with TS6 'freezing'?

I'm having problems with TS6 again and I don't know yet where the problem is.
When the market (@NQ.E) really starts moving the application freezes.
When the app freezes the process orchart.exe goes to 99% of the cpu. I just
checked packet error rates and both machines are less than 3% errors.

I have this problem on two machines, both with W2K and one with 256MB and
one with 128MB. Both machines run TS6 build 578 with some wild calculations.

The places where I think the problem may be:
- in the EL indicators being too much for TS6 to handle.
- I have one loose cat 5 cable
- I have a router leaving the building that balances between dsl and cable
- the memory could be too low
  - one person at TS said 256MB was the minimum and another suggested
    upgrading and running 1gb
- an internet problem between ts and me
- a problem with ts getting the data stream out of their servers when the
  market moves

The solutions I am going to try:
- recrimp the loose cable with telco pliers
- upgrade one box to 1gb to see if it works
- on the upgraded box only use a single workspace with a single chart with
  a single symbol and no indicators
- run traceroutes between my location and TS to watch for slowness

Has anyone experienced these problems recently? They started maybe two
months ago for me and have been getting worse. Does anyone have other ideas
where the problem might be or how to fix it?

Does anyone have any tips for speeding up EL code? I know assigning the
results of a function/calculation to a variable and then using that variable
as the input to the next function is faster than embedding the two functions.

value1 = xaverage(c, 14);
value2 = xaverage(value1, 14);

is better than

value2 = xaverage(xaverage(c, 14), 14);

Any others?

I could almost trade on this error condition alone!

Mike