Re: Refco down

Ian:

I know that Patsystems was having problems in general over the last two
weeks - don't know about Refco's servers.  We (Viper Trading) use patsystems
via Cargill's servers which have been stable for the most part.  You are
referring to patsystems platform as "PropTrader" which was the old privately
labled name by now closed FCM - PMB.  If you were a former PMB client - you
may get some heads to roll quickly by calling Refco and asking for Bud
Dolan - he should be able to stir things up quite quickly to get resolution.

One problem is that some of these companies - perhaps Refco - have a
"hand-shake" program in place that can knock you either off the server
inadvertently or not allow you to log back in.

Ask your Refco broker to move you to a different server.

I personally was getting knocked off patsystems a dozen times a day for
weeks and found out after getting my ISP, patsystems, Cargill, Vision, and
my router company - D-Link that it was all due to my router itself.  If you
use a router - check with the company's home page to download the latest
firmware - just a thought.   I have been stable ever since and patsystems
has been great!

Best wishes,

Mike Herron
Viper Trading, LLC.