Re: Dual monitors

I have the Matrox G200mms. Never a problem whatsoever.
Runs all my DVI flat panels just fine. Also, ran my
CRTs great too.I just checked E-bay.The Matrox G200
MMS is selling for just over $100.00 brand new in the
box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&item=2028996321

There are sellers with the "buy it now" option and
that is only $215.00.Not bad considering if you call
Matrox and try to order it from them they will still
charge you the full retail price.I called Matrox and
they explained to me that they are have a newer model.
However, it is pretty expensive.Plus, they track each
and every G200 MMS they sell, whether it be to
individuals, VARS, wholesalers, gov. , or financial
institutions.Pretty serious about their products I'd
say..... and I would highly recommend. All my buddies
in the trading rooms at I-banks as well as the Prop
shops use Matrox.Plus I own a computer systems
integration firm in the central valley in CA. and I
can say that with these c-level pieces of hardware
like the G200mmsthey are manufactured and tested to
the highest degree. If it turns out to not be
compatible with your system, chances are its your
system not the card! Definitely the best Flat Panels
on the market currently for a Daytrader would be
either;Samsung 191T or the EIZOL685

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/monitor/lcd/191t.html

http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/index.html

Either of these have the industries highest standard
Contrast Ratios(500:1). However, perhaps even more
beneficial and functional for a trader is the fact
that these Panels are designed with a very thin bezel.
When stacking them in a side-to-side or over-and-under
configuration it gives the appearance of working on
one contiguous trading screen. This cannot be beat in
my opinion. If you get really serious about having the
best possible viewable trading panel array and money
is of NO concern then check outMASS Multiple Screen
arrays.

http://www.imaginegraphics.co.uk/products/mass/mass.htm

Even when your're losing money your're having fun
watching it!!!

if you are looking for a kick ass trading system check
this out...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/mil297.asp

tell them Compu-Tek computers sent you to them. They
might give you a better deal.

good luck-

mike

  Ian Waugh  wrote: I found some references to this a
while back but I'd be grateful for any up-to-date
information about dual monitors and dual graphics
cards that anyone would be kind enough to pass on.I'm
looking to get a new PC and would like to get a good
performance from the graphics side. I've heard some
folks say the Matrox cards are not so hot and the ATI
not much better!Would very much appreciate any opinions.Thanks.Cheers,Ian