Re: close indicator code

Dear Jim,

I struggled for years looking for just what you described.  A month or so
ago, a number of text studies were posted to this list, and from those, I
cobbled together the following.  I had been told "It couldn't be done."
It be done.

{ TS4 Show-Me Study that puts a symbol to the right of the Current Close
on a chart }

{ Note: Try a variety of symbols, eg, " < " , " <<< " ,  " <== ", etc. }

{ Note: If you want a different color, add: Text_SetColor(ID,Color);
  where "Color" is the ELA Color Number, see below  }

Var: Cl("<"),
  ID(0);

IF BarNumber = 1 THEN ID = Text_New(Date,Time,Close,Cl);
Text_SetLocation(ID,D,T,C);
Text_SetStyle(ID,0,2);

IF 0 = 1 THEN Plot1(0,"");

{ Note: Works best on minute-based charts;
  on tick-charts, it gives erratic results upon
  multiple tick-bars within one minute }

{  ELA Color Numbers:

Black = 1  White = 8
Blue = 2  Dark = 9
Cyan = 3  Dark = 10
Green = 4  Dark = 11
Magenta = 5 Dark = 12
Red = 6  Dark = 13
Yellow = 7  Dark = 14
DkGrey = 15 LightGrey = 16 }

{ All rights reserved --- Richard Josslin, June 6, 2002 }