Re: Unidentified subject!

Mikey:

Here is some relative strength info I have stored.

Software North explanation

Learn a technical trading tool.

This week a brief lesson on using:
    Relative Strength Index (RSI)

Click onto the following site:

http://www.softwarenorth.com/trading/act/tech_week_current.htm

----

Tradesignals.com explanation.

Relative Strength Index (RSI)
This displays the Relative Strength Index of the Close calculated over two
time periods.

The Relative Strength Index always returns a value between 0 and 100.

Its main use is as an early indicator of when a market has topped or
bottomed.

It may be calculated over any length greater than zero.

The RSI of the first bar is calculated as follows:

RSI = 100 - (100/(1+AUD))

AUD = Average of closes UP over LENGTH number of bars / Average of closes
DOWN over LENGTH number of bars

The RSI of successive bars is calculated as follows:

Firstly, to obtain the Average of closes UP over LENGTH number of bars, we
multiply the previous bars Average of closes UP by (Length - 1) and then add
this bar up Close. Then divide by Length.

To obtain the Average of closes DOWN over LENGTH number of bars we multiply
the previous bars Average of closes DOWN by 13 and then add this bars DOWN
Close. Then divide by 14.

We then use the formula:

RSI = 100 - (100/(1+AUD))

AUD = Average of closes UP over LENGTH number of bars/ Average of closes
DOWN over LENGTH number of bars

to calculate the RSI for this bar.

JMG