Re: Bad ticks

>BUY @ P3 Limit, where P3 = P1 + Delta points, i.e.
>instead - sign, a + sign is used in Buy formula.
>
>This bad order is placed above the market, and I am
>expecting  that PATS will snatch it right away and
>execute it within 2 sec.
>
>Other market participants will see a spike in prices
>above current market equal to Delta.

Often there will NOT be a spike: just because your
buy limit is above the market it does not follow that
you'll be filled at your limit. The the limit is the
worst price you'll get.

I use stop limits with wide "collars" all the time (ES, NQ). More
often than not I'm filled at my stop, and I've NEVER (yet) been
filled at my limit using wide limits.

BW