Re: hardware probe

Yes, I agree. I have SiSoft Sandra 2000 and it is pretty good at telling you
what you have installed.  It will even tell you which memory modules you have
installed, their model/serial numbers, speed, and which memory slots they are
installed in.

If you have non-Plug and Play ISA cards, no software may report them.  The
Standard SiSoft, which I have, is free.  The Professional is $29:
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra

Daniel.