Re: Roll-Over

  • To: <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Roll-Over
  • From: "HT" <thakral@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:29:57 -0700

Thats exactly the problem, Gary. While the indicators get enough data to
spin up, I get
the reading slightly off as compared to continuous contract. Also, it gives
different figures
if I want to see the P/L in %age rather than dollars because the whole data
series is adjusted.
This will possibly affect the drawdown %age figure as well but I dont know
for sure.

So I am trying to find a method which tests on real data & accounts for
rollovers. Say it only trades
when the contract has enough data for the indicators also if I test the
individual contracts in succesion,
to export them into excel, I don't get the duplicate trades. Also I need to
find a way to tess TS to exit a
trade at rollover, & open  a position in the front-month contract

Reagrds

HT