From: Lawrence Chan [mailto:stnahc@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 8:14 PM
To: Tom Nielsen; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Data feed

> Can any of the eSignal-users on here tell me if they provide a documented
> API for interfacing the feed with your own, home-grown software? Also, I

No. You need to sign up as 3rd party developer and pay an SDK fee.
Contact eSignal for more details.

> have been checking on the new QDP-thingie from Qcom. Do I understand it
> correctly that you have to pay 300 $ once for the development kit, and
then
> you are free to use it after that? I mean, you could sign up, get the kit,

Latest news is that they lowered the developer feed fee to around 80 a
month,
plus whatever the sign up fee is.

> and then turn around and cancel the feed that goes with it (...250 $ a
month
> for a delayed feed, be it 24 hrs or otherwise, is just plain insane as far
> as I'm concerned), or am I misreading the fine print?

If maintain an SDK and corresponce with 3rd party developers requires at
least
2 to 3 programmers plus other staff. Someone must pay for it.
There is no free lunch.
There was though - when the internet bubble was growing and
burning money for nothing was the norm :)

> Any other suggestions for feeds that allows for integration into
third-party
> software are also welcome (...has to be internet-based, due to my
location).

The lowest priced SDK is with MyTrack - pretty stable.

> Thanks
>
> Tom

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities