Re: ASCII Data File Help - Please

Well thats the hard way! My apps search thru a 1.6MB file in about
4 seconds and search each line of data for about 20 possible
problems I have found in data.

The biggest problem I find is holes in the data of less than 8 bars or
the first or last bar of the day missing. This can cause havoc. I
synthesize data to smoothly fill the holes.

Mike

On 29 Apr 2002, at 14:15, DH wrote:

> The most common problem is duplicate entries, i.e. two entries with the
> same date and time. That will choke TS every time. It's a pain but
> searching and cleaning the file in Excel is the only answer I've found.
> While you are at it, clean out the entries with a price of zero. There
> are usually a few of those too. They will load okay but they can mess up
> your calcs.
>
> --
>   Dennis

Regards