Re: Security Alert -- KLEZ virus

From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
> LookOut Express is the worst piece of virusware on the internet.  It
> is seething with bugs and security holes.  It is also one of the
> biggest targets around, since so many people use it, so it's an
> attractive target for the virus writers.

Now Gary, that's just not fair. I think we can be pretty sure that a big
company like Microsoft would never release a major piece of software
without first putting a lot of thought into how features like this might
affect their users. In fact, I think the design meeting probably went
something like this:

Steve: "Wouldn't it be neat to have an email program that would
automatically open files for you when they came in the mail and even
download programs from the internet and run them automatically?"

Bill: "Cool! Let's do it!"

~Dave