AW: neoticker compared to TS

Let me give some practical thoughts on NT system development of someone who
uses it for about half a year.

When you migrate from TS to NT first you'll be kind of limited on how system
design works.
usually you pick a chart and add your set of rules to it, test different
parameters (what is called optimization), analyze your performance summary
(of which most figures do only have some theoretical aspect (ROA) ). Except
for "optimization" this can all be done via NT.
With the help of different features in NT I created the possibility to test
my systems on a contract by contract basis, including rollovers and
roll-over costs, with all the statistics of the systems.

The next step is to take a single system to a portfolio level, where e.g.
position sizing depends on the overall portfolio risk, or another way to go,
select stocks on user defined criteria on which the system should apply. Due
to the open programming environment (ActiveX) there are almost no limits.

You're right, parameter testing might be a feature that is missing so far
but my system development process changed from an approach that is
endangered by curve-fitting to a more general and portfolio based one - why
not reduce risk of sub-optimal paramter setting by more diversification ?
And whenever you need some testing of different paramters this can easily be
done with the scanning feature.

I don't want to persuade you from this product (which would be the wrong
place here) just wanted to show you that after years of using the same
development environment (which I still do btw) some different approach might
show you some new ways to achieve your goals.

Regards,

Michael

No affiliation with the company, just a happy customer .....