Re: security block

There are several possibilities -- best to start by running SSIACT to see
if it generates different values than you're currently using -- if so,
change them.  If you have a printer connected to the Dongle, try launching
the Server with both power-on and off.

Something could be malfunctioning in the circuit of the Parallel Port.  If
it's the old type Port that is fed from the motherboard by a ribbon cable,
you could un-plug the cable from the board and re-plug it.  Re-seating all
the connectors on the motherboard and devices (hard-drive CD-Rom, etc.) is
sometimes necessary in older machines.

If the Port is on a peripheral card, you could remove the card and re-fit
it into the slot-- or you may need to put it in another Slot. (the problem
could be related to the Slot).  Doing either or both of these "fixes"
causes the connectors to re-establish a workable electrical connection.

If none of this works or is applicable, you could get a new Parallel Port
card and install it in an available Slot.  It will probably install as LPT2
so you'll need to either make that adjustment in the SSIACT program or
disable your LPT1 Port in your BIOS --

You could also check the archives for various responses to this problem in
the past --