Re: OddBall Anomaly - bf.OddBall.4 & website of MB

In a message dated 4/26/02 6:55:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Yesterday at 4PM EDT Mr. Brown's website called for switching
 from short to long, great call.
 My desktop version of TS6, running bf.OddBall.4 still hasn't
 made the same call.
 Anybody got any ideas why?
 I have had the experience of backtesting OddBall on the
 E-mini S&P500 and there being a divergence at times between
 the website and my desktop software.
 Perhaps this is due to bad data?
 I would really appreciate any and all input.

 Kind regards,
 Marshall >>

Marshall,

The Oddball model is simple enough that it's signals are easily checked by
hand.  In my case I keep a manual log which shows the values for # of
advances which are needed to generate a signal at any given hour during the
day.  Doing this with the data your system runs on should give you some clue
as to what happened.  Also, I have found differences in signals between my
system and what Mark sees.  I've tried without success to get Mark to provide
me with information on his source for adv issues numbers  so I have not been
able to rationalize these differences.  I, too, got the buy signal at 4:00
edt yesterday though.

Regards,

Lee Scharpen