Debugging TS4 Text-on-Chart Code

Dear Group,

I've been playing around with the text-writing code Bob Fulks posted
here a couple of weeks ago; see Re: Printing Text Above Price, April 5.

The following code writes the numeric value of the H and the L of the
opening bar (on a minute-based chart) to the left of that bar.

On the one hand, it works, more or less.

On the other hand, it only works until the chart (in realtime) begins to
post the prices for the next bar, and then the foregoing numeric values
disappear.  (Clarification: "the next bar" meaning the next bar after
the bar when the study was added to the chart.)

Observations So Far:
1.  If I click into Format Analysis Techniques > Status and then turn
the study off and then back on, the study will reappear until the then
next bar.
2.  I've tried formatting the study with Update Every Tick both On and
Off, but I get the disappearance with both settings.
3.  I also notice that after the disappearance, if I click Refresh
Screen (namely, the square button on the right of the Scroll Bar), I get
the numeric values for an instant, but only for an instant --- so
they're there, but just not writing to the screen.

Query:  How do I get the study to show in perpetuity?

Sincerely,

Richard

Var: OpHi(0),
  OpLo(0),
  ID1(0),
  ID2(0);

IF T = Sess1StartTime + BarInterval THEN BEGIN
 OpHi = H;
 OpLo = L;
END ELSE BEGIN
 OpHi = OpHi[1];
 OpLo = OpLo[1];
END;

IF LastBarOnChart THEN BEGIN
 ID1 = Text_New(Date,Sess1StartTime +
BarInterval,OpHi,NumToStr(OpHi,2));
 Value1 = Text_SetColor(ID1,6);
 Value2 = Text_SetStyle(ID1,1,0);
 ID2 = Text_New(Date,Sess1StartTime +
BarInterval,OpLo,NumToStr(OpLo,2));
 Value1 = Text_SetColor(ID2,6);
 Value2 = Text_SetStyle(ID2,1,1);
END;

Plot1(0,"");  {Query: Is there any way to eliminate this Plot
statement?  The study won't verify unless I add a Plot statement, but
the Plot statement is superfluous when all I'm wanting is a text writing
study.  Maybe this is just one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it" situations?}