Re: Under financed trader seeking solutions to trigger pulling issue

Richard and Group,

My story is similar to your story Richard except I knew of REBT "Rational Emotive
Behavior Therapy" before I was married and when we started having problems I dove head
first into a more intense study of the discipline for assistance. That effort was what
essentially saved the marriage. My wife and I have both changed. I stumbled on REBT in
my 20s by accident looking for books on positive thinking. REBT was invented in 1955 by
Albert Ellis. It is used in business, mental health, sports, trading and on and on.
People repackage it under different names with their own variations I suppose. If one
thinks about it, the more rational we can be at any endeavor the better we will do. When
studying REBT one of the first things one learns is it is impossible to be 100% rational
all of the time no matter how hard we try and to try is irrational in itself. The reason
is simple. We can't know all there is to know let alone make these new beliefs a habit.
REBT is based off logic, philosophy, scientific research principles, and medical
discoveries. It is constantly evolving and improving through ongoing studies. Atually I
had a few sessions with a Marriage counselour and it turns out he studied with Ellis for
a while. I have forgotten a lot of what I learned about REBT.

The trick to trying to use REBT without a therapist is first understanding it then in
applying it figuring out the beliefs that are causing the problem and finding better
beliefs which are more helpful. That is essentially why I emailed the list for
assistance. That effort has already started to pay off. Bilo mentioned something
interesting. "Standard biological response to live threatening situations. It can only
be controlled by training. [Check your pulse when pulling the trigger, if it's up to
over 80 you are reacting biologically]. I read several of the REBT professional books
during my self study. I remember Ellis stating that studies have shown there is a close
link between beliefs and body reaction essentially being one in the same. Changing the
beliefs HABITS must occur first before the body response can be retrained. Apparently
understanding this is important because some people mistakenly believe that because the
body is reacting frightened then the situation must be threatening. Again this in itself
is a belief that effects our success. Once the beliefs are set up correctly then one can
proceed to eventually train the body to settle down. This takes work. If one believes
that work is awful or life should be easy then one is not going to put out the work
People who are highly motivated have belief habits that make them that way.

>From my research I would say the markets are extremely repetitive. Markets are a human
invention and humans are habitual.

John.