Re: Under financed trader seeking solutions to trigger pulling issue

My ideas to help "mental" aspect of trading:

Don't trade real money until you have a system that you belive in so
strongly that your belief approaches the level of "knowing" that it will
work in the long run. For me, that meant developing and testing a 100%
mechanical system that was based on some fundamental economic rational such
as extracting the inherent return of the futures markets. This helps
mentally because when it comes time to execute, you feel like you "know" you
are doing the right thing, in the long run, by executing this trade.

Mentally tell yourself that the outcome of this next trade I am about to
execute has absolutely no meaning regarding the long term success of my
system. What is vital is that you execute your system like a robot, not
whether the next trade is a winner or loser.

Use a computer to enter orders rather than a human. This eliminates any
embarrasment factor you may feel when taking a loss and talking to a human.

Before you start trading, set aside your trading capital in a seperate
account for some amount of time until it is no longer a part of you mental
accounting of your net worth. In effect, you have already mentally lost that
money, so when you start trading, it does not feel like your own money (or
anybody elses for that matter.)

Do everything you can to suppress any euphoria you feel after a big win.
This just increases the level of pain you will feel when the inevitable
drawdown comes. Don't voluntarily get on the emotional roller coaster
thinking that you can only ride it when it is fun.

Know your personal tolerance for risk. Make sure your trading level always
passes the "tummy test"...meaning that if you have any anxiety about the
money you have at risk, you are trading too big.

Mark Douglas' book "Disciplined Trader" or something like that, was some
help to me when I first started.

SH