Re: IE6

That's damn good advice actually..

video drivers under win2k, and I seriously expect XP too are a notorious
source of failure.

a) I had my normally-stable win2k machine blue screening like crazy after I
updated my divx codec (watching movies).. updated my matrox 550 drivers
from a sep 2001 version to a feb 2002 version, problem instantly goes away.
rock solid again

b) mate got a new XP box, crashed every time he exited an application.
Eventually he tracked it down to a faulty AGP slot - he just couldn't put
anything in that slot.. might be worth checking that as a possibility too.

I've seen so many machines 'suddenly' get stable once video drivers were
updated. It's the main reason MS have decided to have "authorised" drivers
- it's a prime, if not THE reason that their OS's are unstable.

Simon