[off topic] Pb with backadjustement on ED

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [off topic] Pb with backadjustement on ED
  • From: Mark Johnson <janitor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:02:13 -0700

I also use CSI UA continuous contracts in my
real-money trading.  I have found that telling
CSI to roll over on a fixed calendar date prevents
these kinds of problems.  For example, I
tell CSI UA to roll over TY contracts as follows

Roll from March to June on May 22nd
Roll from June to Sept on Aug 22nd
Roll from Sept to Dec on Nov 22nd
Roll from Dec to March on Feb 22nd

You could try this out in backtesting to see if
it impacts your system results.  If the test results
look acceptable to you, then you can switch over
to doing rollovers this way in your actual trading.