Re: Fill Holiday Bars

Trey wrote:
>I recently read that in order to do portfolio analysis of a system, each
>market must have the same number of data points. The problem is that the
>holidays differ across some markets. I'm using TS to create ascii files of
>daily O,H,L,C which are imported into another program to perform portfolio
>testing. Is there a code to have TS fill the empty holiday bars with the
>previous day O,H,L,C?

I don't believe there's a specific setting to do that (but what do I
know, I could be wrong).  However you can do it in EasyLanguage with
some effort.  I think the easiest thing is to manually edit your data
files to reflect a repeated quote during holidays.  I've actually done
this automatically using an Excel macro, testing to see if any weekday
is skipped and writing a new array with all the days filled in.

>Is this the preferable way to create equal data points
>in each market?

I would think so.  For EOD systems it doesn't make much difference,
although I have had cases where a holiday repeated the previous day
which was a big move.  The system had filled on the previous close, and
then when the big move repeated again it got stopped out.  In reality
that would not have happened.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com