Re: Stand alone program

>I have a system in TS that I want to create a stand alone program.
>
>What program would you any of you recommend that can create a
>charting program with buy/sell signals that can be encrypted so it
>won't be hacked and then sold by software pirates?

Anything you do in TS can be implemented in C or C++ with some
effort.  When you compile the code, the executable has no remnants
of the source code that made it.  Then you have a stand-alone
executable that can't be deciphered.

This isn't cheap to do, however.  If I were to take on the job of
converting a TS system to C++, I'd charge $10K minimum -- assuming I
could spare the time.

Encrypting password protection isn't hard either.  I've done this
before in such a way that the security was so interwoven and
interdependent with the rest of the program that any attempt to
break it would render the program inoperable or unpredictable.

You can't really stop a pirate from selling your software if he
wants to, though.  It'll just get sold with the security keys
intact.  Requiring hardware protection (i.e. a dongle) makes the
pirate's job harder, but dongles can be bypassed too.

If you really want to protect your system but sell it at the same
time, you might consider keeping it to yourself and issuing buy/sell
signals on a web site.  Then nobody has access to your software,
only the output.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com