Pivot formula from books and secretoftraders

  • To: "Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pivot formula from books and secretoftraders
  • From: "John Watson" <NekoNkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:44:56 -0800

Hello Omega List,

    My friend referred me to the http://www.secretsoftraders.com. We asked
for the sample newsletter report from Don who is a CTA and hosting the web
site, (based on my knowledge). This courses is taught by the CME Pit floor
trader named Larry Levin. He offering trading manuals for 2,000 dollars,
which is quite high prices. I am wondering if anyone on the omega list ever
used his methods after ordered the book? My friend is investingating Larry
Levin background and crediablities. If someone you know does have that book,
Can you tell me more about it? What is the formula they use to calculate the
price range such as pivot?

    Does anyone have the book called "Detecting high profit day trades in
the futures markets" by J.T. Jackson? What is his pivot formula? Is this
book worth 50 dollars at amazon?

    What about "Weintraub day trader" by Neal Weintraub? He claim to use
simple to use techniques to accurately forcast tmorrow's highs and lows in
the commodity markets. It cost 50 dollars. What his pivot formula is?

    I have collected and created several pivots formula from the internet.
The most commond formula I have seen on internet is:

R2 : (PP - S1) + R1
R1 : (PP * 2) - L
PP : (H + L + C) / 3
S1:  (PP * 2) -H
S2 : PP - (R1 - S1)

Does anyone have different pivot equations to share?

    Thank you for your help,

            John