Re: Pre-Paid Legal

Gerald, very good points. Believe or not, prepaid's law firm in CA has some
very good lawyers but you rarely talk to them unless you are in some type of
litigation. And, I find that those lawyers don't return phone calls promptly
even though by contract they are supposed to call you back within 48 hours.
I keep prepaid because I have questions at least once a month that would
normally surpass the $25 that I pay to prepaid. They also have a free
referal system whereby if you have a problem that relates to another State,
they will send you to a law firm in that State and that firm will answer
your questions for no additional cost.

Best Regards,
John

> Having worked for 25 years, 7 months and 17 days in a legal-related venue,
> often more closely than some attorneys, this post is just too good to pass
> up!
>
> First, a good attorney knows the law...a GREAT attorney knows the judge!
>
> There is "The Law" - those guidelines of behavior which State legislatures
> and the Federal government reduce to writing in law books and which is
> taught in law schools, and there is...
>
> "THE LAW" - that which a judge and attorneys decide what is to be "The
Law"
> on and in a case-by-case basis.
>
> Second, with such a litigious (lawsuit crazy) society today, does one
really
> want to place all that he or she owns in a cookie-cutter legal
environment?

> Pre-paid legal services may be well and good for ordinary, every-day
needs -
> real estate, wills, and the such.  But when real assests are on the line -
> your savings, your house, part or all of your future income - would not it
> be better to pay a little more, hire a local attorney specializing in your
> needs and be more assured of a favorable ruling?
>
> "You get what you pay for..." as an "old saying goes".
>
> For $8.33 a month, what are you getting?????  Just some thoughts.........
>
> Now that I've probably frosted a few attorneys on this list...any
rebuttals?

PPD's