Re: New Dow Complex Structure at the CBOT

> [The CME] has plans to offer some form of electronic trading for
> all its contracts by the end of the year.  Then we will let the
> market decide which format will win in head to head competition on
> as level a playing field as can be found.

How level will it be, really?  Will the electronic SP be emasculated
the same way the ES was at first, or will it be a totally open market?

> I am a firm believer in letting the market decide which is the
> best format.

Me too.  But it DOES require a level playing field.  The ES got off
to a much slower start than it should have.  Once they took off the
size limits, it was off to the races.  I hope they're smart enough to
not make that mistake again.

Gary