Re: New Dow Jones Mini contract

David:

I have been using it quite a bit recently with one client and it has been
about a ten tick market.  There seems to be someone playing the arbitrage
with this because there seems to always be a 10 lot on either side of the
market.

I have improved the bid or offer and have been filled quite quickly.  There
would seem to be enough players watching this market now that, as with
anything else, if you make a fair value bid or offer you have a good chance
of getting filled.

When I have been placing stops in the market I am using synthetic stop limits
on my PATS JTrader.  This way if I do hit an air pocket I am not going to get
whacked, but rather give the market something of fair value to hit and
execute for me.   The synthetic stop limit function on JTrader is ideal for
such a use.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker offering the PATS Systems JTrader
platform and others.

In a message dated 3/22/02 3:07:56 PM Central Standard Time,
mr_bond@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< John,

 > Actually, the $2 contract is rather liquid.  It is a useful tool for
 scaling

 Last time I checked (about a month ago) the spread on the $2 mini was about
 30-40 points.  Has this changed?

 David >>