Re: Oddball modification

At 12:40 PM -0800 3/22/02, Jack Zaner wrote:

>Bob:  Suppose you didn't exit at close of day, what would be the result.
>Thanks for the tests - - you're the best.
>Regards,  Jack.

I assume you meant with the same costs, etc. I get the following:

Inputs: BZ(3),SZ(1), Len(1), Offset(4);

If RateOfChange(close of data2,7)>BZ then buy  at H[Len] + Offset stop;
If RateOfChange(close of data2,7)<SZ then sell at L[Len] - Offset stop;

4 years ending 12/31/01
$SPX cash index as data1 (BigPointValue = 1) trading 250 shares
$ADV NYSE advancing issues as data2
60 minute natural hour bars
$20 commission + $125 slippage
Do not close trades at end of day

                    Inputs
                   3,1,1,4

Net profit        $667,000
Trades                 536
% Prof                  53%
Ave Trade           $1,245
PF                    1.91
DD                 $40,000
ROA                   1670%
Sharpe                2.80

Remember that you cannot trade the $SPX and the results will be
poorer on futures or SPY.

I take this to show that waiting until the price is moving in
the right direction before entry works better (not surprising).

Bob Fulks