Re: Oddball modification

>Adding costs does not make it all that bad. With $20 commission and
>0.5 big points slippage trading 250 "shares" of $SPX the results are
>still decent (still forgetting that you cannot actually trade the
>$SPX)

This is exactly the kind of situation Dennis pointed out
the other day. Since this system enters on stops, and exits
on the previous day's close, many re-entries would occur on
the SPX open (at a price which may not exist in reality).

Both the regular Oddball and the over-night version would
not be *as* vulnerable to that problem. I can understand
not wanting to hold over-night, but the e-minis allow
you to use stops and/or stop limits nearly 24 hours a day
(Sunday PM to Friday's close).

Bob:

Thanks for being so generous!

BW

WARNING: Trade at your own risk! Commodity trading can be
risky and is not appropriate for everyone! The information
presented is for informational purposes only. Investment
in futures involves a high degree of risk, your investment
may fall as well as rise, you may lose all your original
investment and you may also have to pay more on the original
amount invested. Consult your broker or advisor prior to
making any investment decisions. Past or simulated performance
is not a guide to future performance.