Re: Oddball modification

At 7:36 AM -0800 3/22/02, BobR wrote:

>Thanks, Bob for the backtest.  Would you mind running the series of tests
>again using an exitonclose?  The system will re-enter the following morning
>if conditions are still conducive to the signal.  Back when Mark's artical
>first appeared I discussed this with him and his view at that time was that
>holding overnight worked in OddBall's favor in the long run.  Yet,
>realistically some of us can't or don't want to be subject to that risk.

Inputs: BZ(3),SZ(1), Len(1), Offset(0);

If RateOfChange(close of data2,7)>BZ then buy  at H[Len] + Offset stop;
If RateOfChange(close of data2,7)<SZ then sell at L[Len] - Offset stop;

4 years ending 12/31/01
$SPX cash index as data1 (BigPointValue = 1) trading 1 share
$ADV NYSE advancing issues as data2
60 minute natural hour bars
Zero costs
Close trades at end of day

                   MB        Inputs     Inputs
                Original    3,1,1,0    3,1,0,0

Net profit        1841       2360       2966   Points
Trades            1080       1401       1340
% Prof              48%        50%        53%
Ave Trade         1.74       1.68       2.21   Points
PF                1.38       1.49       1.73
DD                 260        197        140   Points
ROA                706%      1206%      2103%
Sharpe            1.58       2.54       3.30

A lot more smaller trades, obviously, and the Offset
optimized at near zero points.

The equity curve is pretty decent, too. (Attached)

Bob Fulks