Antw: Advance-Decline data

Dear Jim,

I have tried to calculate custom A-D lines in TS6 and in Neoticker (not
NeoBreath).

In TS6 the main problem is that you are limited to 50 data streams and
the coding
is not very straight forward as there is not way to access the
datastreams
using an index. Another problem is that you have to input all the 50
symbols
by hand one by one.

NeoTicker is not limited to 50 data streams. Actually I have not seen
any limit,
although I am sure there are practical limits (memory, CPU, data
bandwidth).
So far I have used the 100 NDX stocks for custom A-D line calculations.
No problem.
As every data stream is an indexed object, programming is very straight
forward (you
can use for - next loops to do the calculations). And you even can add
the
data streams by using symbol files. Programming can be done using
Pascal-script, VisualBasic-script or Java-script.

I have no experiences with NeoBreath. Probably someone from Tickquest
can comment on that.

Nice regards,

Franz

>>> Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 21.03.2002 14:27:09 >>>
Hello omega-list,

  I read McMillan's article in TASC last night about the junk that's
  included in the Advancing and Delcining issues data stream.  It
  seems a fairly compelling case (many issues are closed end bond
  funds that may change price by only 1 cent based on interest rate
  changes).  In addition, the 1 cent trade increment has cheapened the
  definition of an advance or a decline.  He does suggest that because
  these "bastard" issues (my term) have low volume, that advancing/
  declining volume may be a better alternative.

  As they say, this issue seems non-trivial.

  I appears that Neoticker's NeoBreadth product may attempt to create
  custom A-D indices.  Is that what it does, has anyone tried it?
  other thoughts on this data cancer problem amongst us?

--
Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                         mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx