FW: EL Question about Real Time

Thanks for your answer. Let me try to rephrase my question. Actually it is a
difficult thing to explain.

I need to know while my strategy is running, if the data I am dealing with
is the historical data that comes into the strategy when the strategy first
starts or IF on the other hand I am actually seeing the tick by tick real
time data.

Is the High, Low, Close value I am reading, is it a history bar or the
current real time bar?

Actual execution of trades should only happen in real time. My DLL
interfaces to the Globex computer and I want to place trades ONLY when I
know my strategy is getting the latest quotes. This will prevent executing
trades based on the initial historical data coming into the strategy when
the strategy starts up.

I need some type of EL command that would say for example that "This Data is
Fresh". If I had a "DataIsNowFresh" property that would be great. As it is I
can do it like I coded in my example below:

---------------------
Vars: DataIsFresh(0), LastTime(0), RetVal(0);

DefineDLLFunction: "MyOrder.DLL", Long, "PlaceOrder", LPSTR, Long;

If (DataIsFresh = 0) and (Date >= CurrentDate) and (Time >= CurrentTime)
Then
   LastTime = Time;

If (LastTime > 0) and (Time > LastTime) Then
   DataIsFresh = 1;

{WHEN MY STRATEGY SIGNALS TO BUY I CAN NOW USE THIS STATEMENT}
If DataIsFresh Then RetVal = PlaceOrder("BUY MARKET ESM2", 5);

This actually prevents me from placing dozens of unwanted orders too early
in history.

Thanks for your input,

Mike.