Re: SirTrade File unzips to 130 files all over your harddrive ?

  • To: fritz@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SirTrade File unzips to 130 files all over your harddrive ?
  • From: Beyond OddBall <beyond_oddball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 04:50:20 -0800

Gary:

While Pierre's stuff may really work, seems to me the
bottom line is he is just another system vendor
trolling the omega-list for customers on a product his
website states sells for like $5,700.00.

The claims he makes in his newsletter for oddball
improvement - - - well, who is to know whether it's
just a fancy optimization or a real improvement. Seems
to me he should start by submitting a full performance
summary in TS2K flavor for us all to study and see if
there are any pitfalls.

Secondly, he should prove his claims by simply
studying his Safir output file and extracting some, if
not all of the "optimizations" his software makes,
converting them to Easy Language and posting a sample
.els or .ela file for omega list folks to test out
historically on real data backwards and forwards. If
his stuff really works maybe list members who be more
willing to listen (and throw money at him ?) this way.

However, I'm certain he'll come up with "excuses" why
he cannot do that and you'll just have to throw money
at him . . . right.

Steve