Re: OddBall's Oddness Recently

Hello mrmxyptlk,

I think one of Dave Folster's variations used the 11:00 bar instead of
the the 10:00 est to initiate the first allowable trade of the
day--with some improvement in performance.  but what youj point to is
the key to improving the system I think.  I keep reminding myself that
Adv Issues are those that are up from "yesterday's" close, not the
open of today.  The latter might be helpful--don't know, don't know
how to get it.  but you might look at ROC of adv issues from 10:00 to
11:00; if that is negative, then it might be better to not take the
trade or whatever.  I've also considered (and used as a discretionary
trader) tick behavior at the open.  A gap up open, resulting in a big
up surge in Adv Issues but not accompanied by tick confirmation is a
warning sign that there may be no follow thru.  So a minimum tick
reading between open and 10:00 might be helpful.

--
Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mhc> OB's had trouble lately. It seems that the first bar of the day skews the signal for the rest of the day. If the first bar of the day is higher than the previous day but the later bars are lower
mhc> than the previous day, OB will signal a "BUY" instead of a "SHORT."

mhc> Has anyone had good results altering the code to throw out the first bar of the day and not even count it?

mhc> OR

mhc> What have you found successful with this Odd Oddball behavior?

mhc> Mr. Myx