Re: "System Brokers" and Slow Fills

tszz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:I believe that "system brokers" (like TradeCenter, Striker...)
don't give the best fills to their customers and that they don't
make money on commissions but on "ripped" fills.

Volatility can be huge during the first minutes of the open...
Don't you think that some brokers could take advantage of that for
they own account, telling you they placed the order to buy at 10
when in fact they bought it at 9.5... giving you, each time, the
worst execution, with the difference in their pocket ? Is it
possible ? Don't you think that they are ways/tricks to do that
or am I too cautious ? There are so many stories of scams in the
brokerage industry...

Denis,
That is just crazy.  We are regulated by the CFTC and NFA just as every other brokerage firm is.  Our orders are placed as they should be and all prices are averaged if split fills are received on a ticket.
If you ever had a question as to the time an order was placed compared to the fill received a simple check of time and sales will reveal the truth.  It is very simple to see if your broker is not doing a good job for you.
Shane Wisdom
Trade Center, Inc.
877 276 4566
www.tradecenterinc.com/swisdom.htm