Re: How do I actually trade a mechanical system over real contracts ?

> If I have various indicators that require certain number of daily bars to
> analyze, what do I do when a contract approaches expiration ?

In addition to Gary Fritz good advice, let me make sure you understand
"rolling forward"...

Sometimes you want to hold a position through the expiration date.  To do
this you have to roll forward by closing out the position in the expiring
contract and taking the same position in a futures contract with a later
expiration date.  Long term positions can be rolled forward many times.

Aaron Schindler
Schindler Trading