EasyLanguage

To Alain in Switzerland:
"How long does it take to lern EasyLanguage? How much time do you guys think
that is used to be able to programm my trading system?

thanx, alain
switzerland"

Dear Alain:
It all depends on your computer programming experience and on the complexity
of the trading system you want to test.  If your system requires the use of
arrays, multiple time charts, trendline drawing or what I would consider
some advanced programming methods, it could take you a long time.  I'm a
non-programmer but I was able to write my first EasyLanguage trading system
in an hour because it was as simple as "Buy at the close if the moving
average of closing prices increased for the past two bars".  It all depends
on what you're trying to do.  Buy a copy of The EasyLanguage Reference Guide
from Omega Research for $10.  If you e-mail very simple questions to the EL
Help department at Omega, they will usually be answered in 48 hours.  If you
are ambitious and one idea leads to another, EL programming of your trading
system(s) can take over your life.

Seth