Re: Mr. Myxx and Oddball?

>Jim Johnson wrote:
>I'm having a little trouble believing that the people who read Active
>Trader and/or to MB's website and/or subscribe to the several lists he
>participates in are the center of the stock market universe.

Mr. Auto replies,

I am not implying that anyone is consciously tying to ruin Oddjobs performance. What I am saying is that futures trading is a zero sum game. If many traders attempt to trade Oddjob they will eliminate the available edge the system was able to exploit historically. The orders and positions taken by the new Oddjob followers will now change the market. The market will correct the inefficiency.
Thusly the Oddjob newbies will find themselves with losses. They will then blame the developer, in this case Mark Brown. So in the end his efforts will result in his own damnation. What a shame. Moral of story, don't seek public gratification, when developing systems. It's a self-fulfilling losing proposition.