Re: A T A

god  look  i  bought  the products i posted, i plugged them all in the
slots  according to the instructions (total time 20 minutes), i booted
the  computer  hit the delete key to bring up the bios during the boot
routine.  i  then  set  the bios to boot from the cdrom instead of the
floppy,  saved  and exited. rebooted with the figgin win2000 cd in the
cup  holder  and  it  recognized that it needed to format the new hard
disk  i  selected  to  let  it  format and when it was through win2000
installed and poof!  btw i built 3 of these no problems at all.

i  did  not monkey around with partition magic or anything else, i did
not even use a floppy or disk of any kind other than the win2000 cd.

next question, maybe some one is getting educated. i mean i knew i was
in  trouble  when  you  asked  where  the speaker, hd, and start wires
connected to the mother board. have you ever looked at the inside of a
computer  before?  i  wanna help you but your driving me crazy! do you
know there are news groups for this? there are even seagate hard drive
news groups, please do not ask what is a news group, at least to me.

your motherboard has the latest drivers and it needs no controller, at
all.   maybe  you  messed  with the dip pins on the mb and you need to
look  in  the manual to make sure they are at default.  i did not even
mess  with  setting  anything  on  the  mother board. i bought that mb
because  it  had  a  soft menu, and i am stupid.  in fact i bought all
those  easy  to  use and well researched products because i was stupid
and had no time to go thru what you are now.

to  summarize, slap parts together, boot win2000 from cd and enjoy! do
you think i am jacking around with you, not telling you some secret? i
have  spent  more  time  now  with  you  than i did to build the three
computers,  are  you  resourceful enough to try another hard drive and
start  eliminating  one possibility at a time? or to ask for help in a
news group related to this?   you should have bought a dell, dude.

mb ect.

other's  may be tired of this but as long as you keep draggin me in on
the  list  i  will  post  back  to  the  list. when you have mailed me
privately  i have mailed back privately, what do you think i will tell
you some secret if you expose me or something. think.

Hello  Igor,

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com