CME

Letter from the CME:

CHICAGO MERCANTILE EXCHANGE INC.

Client Management

QVC-03
FEBRUARY 26, 2002

TO: Market Data Vendors

FROM: Market Data Operations

RE: IMPORTANT -  Today's Slowdown of CME Quote Vendor Network

Today, the existing CME Quote Vendor Network experienced a slowdown in
transmitting messages, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., Chicago Time.  The
cause has been determined to be an increased amount of GLOBEX market data
that could not be sufficiently accommodated on the existing network during
that time frame. As you are aware, this is the primary reason for our
planned conversion to the new network

We are in the process of investigating ways to prevent this from recurring
while we finalize our plans for implementing the new network.  One solution
being considered is to  transmit one of the major GLOBEXa2 products along
with the RTH products, down port one of the existing network, rather than
port three.  Of course, whatever GLOBEX product we choose, it would retain
the Exchange ID of H, to indicate a GLOBEX.  Please let us know immediately
if you see this as a problem.  In addition to this proposal, other interim
options are being reviewed.  As soon as a decision is made, we will notify
you. Testing will then be scheduled, and the change will be moved into
production as soon as possible to prevent any future slowdowns.

Thank you for your continued support.